Our client, a large Multinational leading player in the deployment of carrier-scale, future-proofed network infrastructure based in Cape Town is looking for a Senior Field Engineer.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide field support, resolve incidents, and assigned problems, install, maintain, and manage network equipment.
- 1st and 2nd Level 24/7 field support, escalation / on-call.
- Proactive monitoring of equipment and facilities.
- Network installation, testing and commissioning, bringing into service, integration.
*A full job profile will be shared with shortlisted candidates.
Desired Experience & Qualification:
- Relevant Tertiary Qualification.
- Requires minimum of 3 years’ technical experience in telecom industry, with at least 1 year in second level technical support or equivalent.
- Knowledge and experience including Fibre, OTN, DWDM / ROADM, SDH, Data (Ethernet, IP/MPLS, OSPF, BGP).
- Knowledge in supporting equipment i.e., Mikrotik, Juniper, Tejas, Ciena, etc.
- Experience working with AC and DC power as well as PSU units.
Apply / email CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject Line: Senior Field Engineer (Fibre / Data Centre)