The Business & Data Analyst is tasked with engaging business stakeholders at various levels of the organisation to understand business requirements and processes using effective analytical, communication, and organisational skills; and assisting with developing solutions that meet business objectives within project timeframes. In this role, the activities will relate to projects of various complexities and priority.
The Business & Data Analyst will assist in scoping, designing, specifying, developing solutions and costing the implementation of a wide range of Information Technology (IT) projects across the company.
Duties & Responsibilities
· Analyse business problems and determine solutions through the application of software solutions and/or business process improvement.
· Proactively identify key areas of the business where IT can optimise processes and produce optimal ROI.
· Document business requirements for software development solutions.
· Understand software development methodologies, processes and best practices.
· Follow the company’s development processes and participate in evolving and improving the development practice
· Keep up to date with new IT trends so that new opportunities are leveraged wherever appropriate for the business.
· Participate as a member of the development team, helping resolve queries, testing and doing whatever is needed to help deliver solutions on time.
· Ensure all project documentation is prepared and maintained in accordance with company standards.
· Project management of multiple projects concurrently using the Agile and other approaches.
· Effectively liaise with developers and senior business stakeholders.
· Participate in UAT sessions.
· Play an integral role in all aspects of the delivery of new solutions, from inception to go-live.
· Deliver documentation that is easy to understand, clear and accurate.
· Querying SQL within Management Studio in order to assist ad hoc business requirements/requests.
· Data Analysis
· Developing Business Intelligence Dashboards.
· Assist with ad hoc user training of software / BI dashboards.
· The Business & Data Analyst will also be required to travel to Botswana & Namibia from time to time to engage business stakeholders.
Experience & Qualifications
· Minimum 3 year B.Sc. or B.Com degree IT related (Business Mathematics & Informatics preferable)
· 3+ years’ work experience as a Business Analyst
· Querying databases
· Experience with one or more of the following technologies:
o BI Tools (Sisense, Qlickview, Microsoft Power BI etc.)
o Microsoft SQL / PostGreSQL
o SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS/BIDS)
· Excel, Word, Power Point, Visio