Junior Wordpress developer responsible for assisting with the creation of websites and pages and updating existing web sites using common web languages. They work on the Fulfillment Team under the supervision of a Senior Web developer to assist with coding, testing, design adjustments, client requests, content edits, content uploads and quality assurance.
This role will be first line support to client.
This is a remote position with 10 hours onsite a week at the offices in Sandton.
- Work with the lead developer to flesh out websites from design
- Use CMS sites to create organized, thought-out websites and code that allow repeatability and scalability
- Diagnose and fix bugs with existing websites
- Collaborate with other designers, developers, and clients to create unique and lasting web experiences for all users
- Desire to learn and take initiative; if you think there’s a problem, speak up and present solutions!
- The Most Important Skills
- Knowledge of HTML5 and CSS3 2 years (Preferred)
- Knowledge of Elementor page buider
- WordPress: 2 years (Preferred)
- Knowledge of responsive design
- Experience working with debugging tools such as Chromium DevTools (Google Chrome)
- Understanding of page speed optimization best practices
- Awareness of best practices in performance and security
- Strong attention to detail
- High degree of independent judgment/problem solving skills
- Strong self-starter mentality
- High attention to detail, strong verbal and written communication
- Additional Preferred Skills
- WordPress plugins
- General design skills – We use Figma especially
- Salary: R20 000 per month