One of our large clients, a Medical Scheme Administrator, based in Sandton, are currently looking for a Sales Specialist to start as soon as possible, or immediately!
The purpose of the position is to grow the business through direct sales across all products and niche industries, focusing on business conversion within the corporate sector and thereby ensuring strategic imperatives and business objectives are achieved. Where applicable, relationships with existing brokers and intermediaries are to be honored and supported.
- Assist with the design and implementation of the sales strategy for the company.
- Acquire and integrate industry knowledge related to general trends, emerging technologies and competitors.
- Lead and manage the entire business development and sales effort to corporates.
- Actively identify and develop new business opportunities, including database mining and network footprint expansion within niche industries and the broader corporate sector.
- Manage internal and external stakeholders to ensure and take accountability that required new business targets are achieved.
- Create and drive revenue growth to meet and exceed all sales targets.
- Develop long-term relationships with all stakeholders, including brokers, employers and union representatives through establishing business-orientated relationships and consulting on tailored, group-specific employee benefit and financial services solutions.
- Actively explore opportunities to leverage cross-selling and up-selling initiatives.
- Gain full understanding of consumer’s specific decision-making and purchasing processes.
- Understand corporate prospects’ needs and analyse information and develop solutions based hereon.
- Accurately forecast quarterly and monthly sales.
- Develop and manage pipeline activity and monitor sales activity against assigned quotas.
- Follow company guidelines and procedures for the acquisition of corporate and individual clients, submission of tenders etc.
- Budget management and reporting.
- Lead and manage the Industry and Research Assistant team
- A relevant tertiary qualification, e.g. a B Com or Business degree.
- At least 10 years of solid sales experience within the Financial / Healthcare industry.
- A proven track record of achievement in sales, hunting and closure of business
- Outgoing, professional and presentable;
- Motivated, independent and energetic;
- Driver’s License and own reliable vehicle – non-negotiable;
- Salary: Up to R35 000 per month depending on experience plus benefits