Heavy Duty Component Specialists (Pty) Ltd T/A ACD Witbank and Middelburg provides services to a range of customers within the Automotive Industry. Our staff act with integrity and in line with our company values which are innovation, safety, commitment, and quality. We are seeking an Apprentice Mechanic to join our team at our Middelburg Branch. The successful candidate must have the right to work and reside in South Africa.
· Grade 12 and / or similar technical qualification.
· Experience working in a similar environment will be advantageous.
· Knowledge of workshop Policies and Procedures will be advantageous.
· Must be able to function effectively in a team.
· Client liaison skills are essential.
· Valid Drivers’ License (Code B)
· Must be able to obtain a Certificate of Medical Fitness.
· Perform routine maintenance on all vehicles, Petrol & Diesel.
· Carry out fault finding, trouble shooting and root cause analysis.
· Attend to breakdowns when required.
· Inspect, test, and listen to defective equipment to diagnose malfunctions.
· Perform risk assessments, monitor, and control quality of work to ensure legal compliance of all machinery, tools, and equipment.
· Complete Job Cards, Service Sheets, Inspection Checklists, Defect Reports, Failure Unit Reports, etc.
· Adhere to company and SHEQ Policies and Procedures and maintain good housekeeping and cleanliness of workplace.
To apply please send CV to HR Department, e-mail: email@example.com.
The appointment of a candidate is at the company’s sole discretion, taking into account factors which we consider relevant, including but not limited to our Employment Equity Policy.