A Wholesale Distribution Company is looking to appoint General Assistants to work in their warehouse and on route deliveries.
This is a 3 Month Fixed Term Contract Position.
Primary Purpose of Position:
- Collection of Incoming Stock and Materials
- Picking Stock from Orders
- Packing and Assisting in Transporting of Orders
- Managing, Organizing and Retrieving Stock in the Warehouse
Minimum Educational and Experience Requirements:
- Matric (Studying towards a relevant wholesale industry qualification would be advantageous).
- 1 or more years’ of experience working in a similar and relevant position and environment.
- Good Communication Skills
- Excellent Timekeeping Abilities
- Ability to work and function in a high paced environment.
- Excellent pressure handling abilities.
- Ability to stand for long hours.
- Ability to function in a hard-labour environment
- Ability to function as part of a team.
- Excellent Coordination
- Good Organizing Abilities
- Good Numerical Skills
- Good Literacy Skills
- Physically Fit to carry heavy objects.
- Ability to adapt to change.
Vassco Distributors is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Gender Equality/ Disabled/ LGBTQI+ and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to diversity and building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. All appointment decisions we make are made on the basis of qualifications, merit, and operational business need. Our goal is to be one global diverse team that is representative of our customers, in an inclusive environment where we can continue to innovate and grow together.